Sunday, June 29, 2003

Ron shook his head regretfully. "Just pumpkin juice, really."
"And motor oil," said George. "You want some motor oil?"
"This is it," said Harry in the same dead voice. "I have hit rock bottom."
"Hey, look," said Fred, pointing. "Sirius is coming back. And he's got Malfoy with him."
"I was wrong," said Harry. "Here's an even lower place."
-chapter 10. Draco Dormiens
"Strong emotion of a particular sort," Dumbledore said. "Danger works, too. In fact, in the old days, if a Magid child hadn't shown any sign of ability by the time they were eighteen or so, the Ministry would usually send them up against a dragon or some other such monster."
Harry looked anxious. "I've already faced a dragon, and I haven't shown any signs of being a Magid, Professor..."
"That's all right, Harry," said Dumbledore cheerfully. "We'll give you another two years, then we'll feed you to a basilisk."
-chapter 11 Draco Dormiens
Old Godric the Grouchy, as my partner Nicholas Flamel used to call him?" said Dumbledore, looking cheerful. "Oh, I doubt it, Harry. He wasn't a Magid. Not at all. Great warrior, of course. Very brave. Always shouting. That was how he terrified the enemy, you know, with his dreadful battle cries."
"I thought it was his courage and tactical brilliance," said Harry.
"Oh, no," said Dumbledore. "All down to shouting, really."
-chapter 11. Draco Dormiens
Why not?" Harry snapped. "Just knock me off my broomstick. Come on, have a go!"
"Why not?" echoed Ron in disbelief. "How about because I don't want to spend the rest of term explaining to Dumbledore why I murdered you in cold blood for no apparent reason?"
"Dumbledore said the Magid power would manifest itself if I faced danger," said Harry. "It won't work if I just jump off my broom. I have to be scared. And if you won't help, I'll just go into the Forbidden Forest and feed myself to Aragog."
-chapter 11 Draco Dormiens
those came from a fanfic. a surprisingly good fanfic. you'll be surprised how many harry potter fanfics are out there, and the majority of them have been butchered beyond repair. those are just the memorable bits that i enjoyed. was laughing, no, i think snorting would be a more accurate term. very few good stories have achieved that effect. now, as time is of the essense, and i need to do other stuff, i'll leave you to enjoy and reread the above few paragraphs from the fic. if you're interested in reading the story, just tell me.